double-clicked; double-clicking; double-clicks
Definition of double-click
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to choose (something on a computer screen) by quickly pressing a button on a computer mouse or other device two times Double-click the icon to start the program. —often + on
Definition of double click (Entry 2 of 2)
: the act of selecting something on a computer screen by quickly pressing a button on a mouse or some other device two times A double click with the mouse will start the program.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game