dor·sif·er·ous | \ (ˈ)dȯ(r)¦sif(ə)rəs\
Definition of dorsiferous
1 : bearing the sori on the back of the frond —used of various ferns
2 : carrying the eggs or young upon the back
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game