Definition of doom palm
: a large African fan palm (Hyphaene thebaica) that is important as a soil stabilizer in desert areas and that has fibrous leafstalks used for ropes and a fruit with a gingerbread-flavored pulp and a rind which is used in making a beverage
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?