don't you dareidiom
Definition of don't you dare
—used in speech to forcefully tell someone not to do something Don't you dare do that again, or you'll be sorry!"I'm going to tell mom that you got an 'F' on your test." "Don't you dare!"
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game