don't you believe itidiom
Definition of don't you believe it
—used to emphasize that one should not believe a statement or sentiment "I hear that their marriage is in trouble." "Don't you believe it! They're the happiest couple I know!"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game