don't ask meidiom
Definition of don't ask me
—used to say that one does not know the answer to a question "Why are they having a company meeting?" "Don't ask me. I only work here."Don't ask me why they're changing the system. I think it's fine the way it is.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?