dolus ma·lus | \ -ˈmäləs, -ˈmāl-\
Definition of dolus malus
Roman, civil, & Scots law
: fraud and misrepresentation that is actionable and punishable or is ground for rescinding the transaction resulting from it
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?