do not mixidiom
Definition of do not mix
1 : to not be friendly (with others) She doesn't mix with the people in town. Our families don't mix (with each other).
2 : to not be able to be combined or put together in a way that has good results Drinking (alcohol) and driving don't mix. They claim that art and politics do not mix.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?