do (someone or something) an injusticeidiom
Definition of do (someone or something) an injustice
: to treat (someone or something) in an unfair way They did her a great/terrible/grave injustice by not allowing her to file a complaint. I think you do the book an injustice when you call it "trash."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game