dive (right) in/into (something)idiom
Definition of dive (right) in/into (something)
1 : to start doing (something) with enthusiasm They dove into their work. I'm just not ready to dive (right) into another romantic relationship.
2 : to quickly reach into (a bag, pocket, etc.) She dove into her purse to find some change.
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?