dive (right) in/into (something)idiom
Definition of dive (right) in/into (something)
1 : to start doing (something) with enthusiasm They dove into their work. I'm just not ready to dive (right) into another romantic relationship.
2 : to quickly reach into (a bag, pocket, etc.) She dove into her purse to find some change.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game