Definition of disc golf
: a game in which players attempt to toss a plastic disc into each of a succession of basketlike receptacles stationed along a course with the object being to reach each target in as few attempts as possible Disc golf is similiar to regular golf in that it has 18 holes and is played primarily by the same rules. But instead of hitting a ball into a hole in the ground, in disc golf, Frisbees are thrown into metal disc-trapping baskets on stationary poles.— Jean Bryant
— called also Frisbee golf
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game