variants: or less commonly direct charge
Definition of direct cost
: a cost that may be computed and identified directly with a product, function, or activity and that usually involves expenditures for raw materials and direct labor and sometimes specific and identifiable items of overhead —contrasted with indirect cost
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game