Definition of direct control
: a control that is directly imposed upon the manufacturing, pricing, and distribution of specific goods in contrast with an indirect or general control (such as a credit and fiscal policy) that affects the economy in its entirety and specific goods only indirectly
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game