Definition of direct control
: a control that is directly imposed upon the manufacturing, pricing, and distribution of specific goods in contrast with an indirect or general control (such as a credit and fiscal policy) that affects the economy in its entirety and specific goods only indirectly
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game