direct broadcast satellitenoun
Definition of direct broadcast satellite
: a television broadcasting system in which satellite transmissions are received by a dish antenna at the viewing location (such as a home)
— called also satellite, satellite television
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game