Definition of dipping tobacco
: moist, finely pulverized tobacco placed between cheek and gum No one paid any mind to the mud and dirt caked into the wooden floors, because it was already soaked with spilled alcohol and dipping tobacco-infused spit—apparently, no spittoons in this saloon.— Allison Ehrlich
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game