Definition of diplomatic immunity
: an international law that gives foreign diplomats special rights in the country where they are working
Note: Under diplomatic immunity, diplomats cannot be arrested and do not have to pay taxes while working in other countries.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game