di·pla·net·ic | \ ¦dīplə¦netik\
Definition of diplanetic
of a fungus
: having two swarming periods each with a different form of zoospore and separated by an encysted stage (as in the Saprolegniales) — compare monoplanetic
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?