Definition of diamond point
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : an instrument (such as a stylus or cutting tool) with a diamond tip
2a : a diamond-shaped figure formed by intersecting rails at a railroad diamond crossing
b : one of the acute angles formed at this crossing
variants: or diamond-pointed \ ¦⸗(⸗)⸗¦⸗⸗ \
Definition of diamond-point (Entry 2 of 2)
: having a point that is diamond-shaped or rhombus-shaped diamond-point tool
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?