Definition of dew-point hygrometer
: a hygrometer for determining the dew point usually by measuring the temperature of a liquid being cooled in a highly polished silver vessel at the moment when drops of moisture condense on the outer wall of the vessel
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?