Examples of designer drug in a Sentence
Ecstasy is a designer drug.
First Known Use of designer drug
DESIGNER DRUG Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of designer drug for English Language Learners
: a drug that is created to be only slightly different from an illegal drug so that it will not be considered illegal
: an artificially made drug that is used for pleasure
medical Definition of designer drug
- Los Angeles County health officials warned Tuesday against the use of bath salts—the designer drug involved in a series of bizarre incidents and arrests …
- —Wesley Lowery, The Los Angeles Times, 17 Oct. 2012
- … the firm is involved in the illegal production and sale of MDMA, a designer drug commonly known as “ecstasy.”
- —Time, 6 Mar. 1989
- In contrast to past trial-and-error discovery, we are starting to see designer drugs that target known sites on molecules implicated in disease.
- —Nathaniel C. Comfort, The New York Times Book Review, 9 Sept. 2001
- Results of another dramatic prevention study zeroed in on raloxifene, a chemical cousin of tamoxifen, and one of the first so-called estrogen designer drugs.
- —Patricia Guthrie, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 24 May 1998
legal Definition of designer drug
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up designer drug? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).