: to pray against (something, such as an evil)
: to seek to avert
- deprecate the wrath … of the Roman people
- —Tobias Smollett
: to express disapproval of
- deprecates such attempts at humor
: play down : make little of
- speaks five languages … but deprecates this facility
: belittle, disparage
- the most reluctantly admired and least easily deprecated of … novelists
- —New Yorker
: to withdraw official support for or discourage the use of (something, such as a software product) in favor of a newer or better alternative
- … the Google Drive app for PC and Mac is officially being deprecated and the company's developers announced in a blog post that it will no longer be supported starting December 11. Instead, you'll need to choose from one of two new apps.
- —Rhett Jones
- In the case of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Microsoft is deprecating and removing more than 20 features.
- —Mauro Huculak