dec·u·man | \ ˈdekyəmən \
Definition of decuman
1 of a wave : extremely large : huge that decuman wave that took us fore and aft— P. A. Motteux
2 : of or relating to the tenth cohort —used especially of the chief gate of a Roman camp
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game