variants: or deleaf
de-leafed or deleafed; de-leafing or deleafing; de-leafs or deleafs
Definition of de-leaf
: to remove leaves from (a plant) Every afternoon, farmers walk down from the encircling hills with bundless of sprigs, deleafed and wrapped in banana leaves to conserve moisture on the all-night drive to Nairobi …— Michael Griffin They also train the vine canopy higher, which increases water evaporation from the leaves, and de-leaf more, hoping to increase airflow and prevent disease.— Mitch Frank
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?