days are numberedidiom
Definition of days are numbered
—used to say that someone or something will die, fail, or end soon The doctors have told me that my days are numbered. . He knew that his days as the team's coach were numbered.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game