\ ˈdäk(ə)wə, ˈdak-\
Definition of da-kua
1 : a kauri pine (Agathis vitiensis) of the Fiji islands
2 or less commonly dakua wood : the usually white wood of the dakua used for masts, spars, booms, and flooring
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?