cy·clan·thus | \ sə̇ˈklan(t)thəs, sīˈ-\
Definition of cyclanthus
1 capitalized : a small genus of tropical American acaulescent plants (family Cyclanthaceae) having milky juice, equitant reedlike leaves, and unisexual flowers
2 plural cyclanthi\ -nˌthī\ : any plant of the genus Cyclanthus
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?