variants: or less commonly cushion shot
Definition of cushion carom
1 : a billiard carom in which the cue ball goes to a cushion before touching the second object ball
2 cushion caroms plural but singular in construction : any of the billiard games in which one or more cushions must be touched before completion of a carom
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game