Definition of curule
1 : relating to or being a high-ranking dignitary of ancient Rome entitled to occupy a special chair
2 : of, relating to, or being a chair or seat reserved for Romans of high rank that resembles a backless stool with curved legs also : of, relating to, or being a 19th century seat with legs of a similar style
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game