curtain offphrasal verb
curtained off; curtaining off; curtains off
Definition of curtain off
: to separate or cover (something) by using a curtain The booth was curtained off on three sides. We curtained the back of the room off for privacy.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game