crys·to·sphene | \ ˈkristəˌsfēn\
Definition of crystosphene
: a buried sheet of ice under the tundra of northern America formed by the freezing of spring water which rises from the rock beneath alluvial deposits or under swamps and spreads laterally at the zone of freezing
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game