crys·to·le·um | \ kriˈstōlēəm\
Definition of crystoleum
: an obsolete process in which a photograph was transferred to glass, the paper backing removed, and the image layer colored by the application of colors to the back
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game