Definition of cruising radius
1 : the maximum distance that the fuel capacity of a naval vessel or an airplane will allow it to go and return from at cruising speed
2 : the distance an animal may move from an initial point (as a den) in the course of a day
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?