Definition of croze
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : the groove near either end of a barrel stave in which the barrelhead is inserted
2 : a plane or machine for cutting the croze in staves
Definition of croze (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : to make a croze in (a stave)
2 : to fold and refold (felt hat bodies) during sizing
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?