Definition of crowhop
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a short quick jump (as that of a startled crow)
2 : a stiff-legged hop made by a horse often with the back arched
Definition of crow-hop (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : to hop or jump like a crow
2 of a horse : to buck without violence and with a series of short stiff-legged jumps
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game