Definition of crowhop
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a short quick jump (as that of a startled crow)
2 : a stiff-legged hop made by a horse often with the back arched
Definition of crow-hop (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : to hop or jump like a crow
2 of a horse : to buck without violence and with a series of short stiff-legged jumps
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?