Definition of cranberry bean
: a medium-sized kidney bean that is whitish with red mottling and typically turns light brown when cooked … cranberry beans which are the same size as pinto beans but colored as their name suggests and superior in flavor …— Corby Kummer, The Atlantic, April 1992
— called also borlotti
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?