variants: or less commonly crakowe or crackowe or cracowe \ ˈkräˌkau̇ , -raˌ- , -rāˌ- , -(ˌ)kō \
Definition of crakow
: a shoe, boot, or slipper made with an extremely long pointed toe and worn in Europe in the 14th and 15th centuries
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game