: skill in planning, making, or executing : dexterity
- "We have not the strength with which to fight this man; we must … win, if win we can, by craft."
- —Jack London
: an occupation or trade requiring manual dexterity or artistic skill
- the craft of writing plays
- crafts such as pottery, carpentry, and sewing
- He learned the craft as an apprentice.
: skill in deceiving to gain an end
- used craft and guile to close the deal
: the members of a trade or trade association
plural usually craft
: a boat especially of small size