Definition of crabber
(Entry 1 of 2)
: someone or something that crabs: such as
a : someone who fishes for crabs The crabber sorts the harvest in his cramped boat.— Tom Horton Restrictions on crabbing are at best a holding action, the watermen say. "They can't regulate the crabs, so they regulate the crabber,"…— Peter McGrath
b : a boat engaged in crab fishing Barcott said the vessel was used as a crabber and also as a tender for other summer fisheries.— Hal Bernton
Definition of crabber (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game