court of delegates
Definition of court of delegates
: a former English high court of appeal composed of commissioners appointed by the Crown and having jurisdiction over ecclesiastical cases now heard by the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game