variants: or counter-project
plural counterprojects or counter-projects
Definition of counterproject
: a counterproposal especially for a plan, measure, or treaty The two nations resumed their long and wearisome boundary talks, swapping projects and counterprojects for survey commissions while laboriously debating the locations of rivers, lakes, and highlands.— Howard Jones and Donald Allen Rakestraw
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Registering the Politics of 'Register'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/11/19
- Minding 'Never mind' and 'Nevermind'
- A Brief on 'Brief' and 'Debrief'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game