variants: or counter-conspiracy
plural counterconspiracies or counter-conspiracies
Definition of counterconspiracy
: a conspiracy to oppose or undermine something (such as another conspiracy) She also wrote that conspiracies beget conspiracies, and so do conspiracy theories. The belief in a conspiracy demands a counterconspiracy to fight it.— Masha Gessen
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?