Definition of copper-bottomed
1 : having a copper coating on the bottom a copper-bottomed pan
2 British, informal : deserving to be trusted a copper-bottomed guarantee : certain to succeed The film is a copper-bottomed hit.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?