Definition of copper number
: a number that expresses the amount of copper reduced from the cupric to the cuprous state (as in Fehling solution) by a given amount of cellulose material and that is useful as a measure of purity especially in relation to strength and resistance to chemical deterioration of paper and other cellulose products
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?