cop an attitudeidiom
Definition of cop an attitude
: to show that one believes he or she is more important or better than other people by behaving in a rude or unpleasant way The students tried to cop an attitude with the new teacher.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game