Definition of continuously
: in a continuous manner : without interruption a business that has been operating continuously for more than 50 years a monitoring system that runs continuously one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world The pressure was building slowly and continuously for several hours. Editors are continuously updating the dictionary. Sauté slowly, about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.— Owen Dugan
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game