Definition of continuously
: in a continuous manner : without interruption a business that has been operating continuously for more than 50 years a monitoring system that runs continuously one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world The pressure was building slowly and continuously for several hours. Editors are continuously updating the dictionary. Sauté slowly, about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.— Owen Dugan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game