co·mu·ni·dad | \ kȯ¦münə¦t͟hä(t͟h)\
plural comunidades\ ⸗ˌ⸗⸗ˈt͟hä(ˌ)t͟hās \
Definition of comunidad
: a relatively independent Peruvian Indian community that developed out of the ayllu, constituted a collective social and economic unit, and also formed an intermediate administrative unit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?