Definition of complementor
- Microsoft and Intel are complementors. Microsoft's sophisticated software packages require ever more powerful chips from Intel. The chips in turn make the software feasible and economic.
- —Richard Koch, The 80/20 Principle and 92 Other Powerful Laws of Nature, 2013
- Hard negotiations with complementors (companies with complementary products/services and mutual customers) and suppliers can come back to bite you.
- —Rajshree Agarwal and Raj Echambadi, The Baltimore Sun, 4 Nov. 2011
- Often the adoption of new technology and the growth of the market are affected by the degree to which complementary products and services are available from complementors for customers.
- —Adrian Ryans et al., Winning Market Leadership, 2000