come/fall apart at the seamsidiom
Definition of come/fall apart at the seams
: to break into parts or pieces —usually used figuratively to describe someone or something that is in very bad condition The plan/company is falling apart at the seams.She looks like she's going to come apart at the seams.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game