come to someone's attentionidiom
Definition of come to someone's attention
1 : to be noticed by someone It came to my attention that several items were missing from my office.
2 : to be made known to someone It has come to my attention that some people were offended by my comments.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game