come to someone's attentionidiom
Definition of come to someone's attention
1 : to be noticed by someone It came to my attention that several items were missing from my office.
2 : to be made known to someone It has come to my attention that some people were offended by my comments.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game